Explore the research and reports we produce around employability, student and graduate experience, and labour market information - and find out what else Prospects and Jisc have to offer
Prospects Luminate highlights
We publish regular content on the state of the graduate labour market, employability, best practice for careers professionals and graduate recruiters, and much more. A good place to start is with our annual reports and other key publications:
- What do graduates do? uses HESA data to analyse graduate destinations 15 months after leaving university. Published in partnership with AGCAS, this is an indispensable resource that includes an overview of the labour market, insights from expert commentators, and detailed subject-by-subject data analysis.
- Early Careers Survey is based on a survey of Prospects.ac.uk users, including school pupils, further and higher education students, and graduates. It captures an invaluable snapshot of their views and experiences of preparing for and starting their early careers, the challenges they face, and their expectations for the future.
- Labour market updates by Jisc's head of labour market intelligence, Charlie Ball, are published regularly and provide a one-stop shop for easy to read summaries of all the latest economic data, research and reports in the field of employability, recruitment and skills.
- Labour market information: a user guide is for those new to the sector or anyone who just needs a refresher. This guide explores what labour market information (LMI) is, who it's for, how to use it and the potential pitfalls to avoid.
- Jisc careers research grant showcases in-depth reports by careers and employability teams at universities across the UK that have been awarded funding by Jisc to carry out original research in this field. You can also learn more about this funding opportunity and whether you might be eligible for a grant of up to £5,000.
Careers guidance content from Prospects
You can find a huge range of careers guidance content on the Prospects website, primarily aimed at student and graduate audiences. That means it's perfect if, for example, you're a further or higher education careers professional looking for information to share in workshops, presentations or one-to-one meetings with your students:
- Job Match - students can answer a short series of questions about what they find interesting, rewarding and purposeful, to be matched with job groups containing more than 400 job profiles.
- Jobs and work experience - profiles for hundreds of graduate jobs, plus extensive advice on different job sectors, work experience and internships, apprenticeships, self-employment, working abroad and gap years.
- Postgraduate study - explore topics such as funding postgraduate study, conversion courses, MBAs, PhDs, professional qualifications, and much more.
- Careers advice - detailed information about what careers are available to students taking particular degree subjects, as well as practical guides to writing CVs and cover letters, applying for jobs, and succeeding at an interview.
- Applying for university - advice on student loans and finance, choosing a course, applying to universities, university life, and alternatives to higher education.
- Future You podcast - inspiring advice and in-depth insights from employers, careers advisers, students and graduates.
- Prospects YouTube channel - an extensive library of student and graduate video case studies.
Tackling degree fraud with Prospects Hedd
In collaboration with the Department for Education, Prospects Hedd has produced toolkits providing advice and guidance on degree fraud:
- Advice and guidance on degree fraud for employers
- Advice and guidance on degree fraud for higher education providers
More resources from Jisc
Prospects is part of Jisc, the UK digital, data and technology agency focused on tertiary education, research and innovation. Here you'll find links to some more Jisc content that may be of interest:
- Jisc news - keep up to date with the latest news, blogs and podcasts from across Jisc.
- Jisc Data Analytics - our team of highly skilled analysts can provide the data and expertise you need to answer your strategic HE questions, including around employability and destinations.
- HESA - part of Jisc since October 2022, the Higher Education Statistics Agency collects, assures and disseminates data about higher education in the UK. For example, HESA is responsible for the annual Graduate Outcomes data that explores what graduates are doing 15 months after graduation.
- Digital experience insights - these surveys reveal how students and staff in further and higher education are using technology, identifying successes as well as areas for potential improvement. Find out how the service works and read the latest reports.
- Building digital capability - our discovery tool enables staff and students to reflect on their digital capabilities and identify areas of strength and areas for development.
If you have any questions about our work, please contact us.
Get insights in your inbox!