Half of UK employers have been a victim of degree fraud yet many do not take actions to safeguard their business
- A quarter of CVs contain inconsistencies, with 15% related to a candidate's academic achievements.
- Discrepancies in employment accounted for 52% of the CVs flagged with a major alert.
- 20% of employers do not check a candidate's degree qualifications.
- 49% of large businesses and 48% of SMEs have encountered an applicant who has lied about their degree qualifications.
- 83% of employers believe some of their hires have lied about their degree.
Download the full report
CVs Uncovered 2019
About the report:
Prospects, which runs the Hedd degree verification and fraud service, surveyed employers about how they are tackling degree fraud, and the findings feature in Credence's CVs Uncovered 2019 report. The rest of the report comes from Credence Background Screening data and a sample of almost 55,000 CVs to uncover the most common discrepancies and omissions found in candidates' CVs.
Was this page useful?
Thank you for your feedback